(Home-My Story)....... True, Tragic and Unnecessary Gay Youth Suicide Stories...................... .(Español)
PART 2 - Page 6 of 34
So What Exactly is the Bible Against?
So if the modern homosexual model of two people of the same sex living together in a long-term committed relationship with the blessing of God did not exist in Biblical times just what exactly are the eight or so (See Footnote A on page 30 or click here for a detailed listing of these so-called Clobber Passages) quoted difficult to understand and ambiguous scriptures in the book of Genesis, Leviticus and Deuteronomy in the Old Testament and in the New Testament writings of the Apostle Paul (and Jude) in opposition to or against? (1Corinthians 6:9-10 is a good example of ambiguous language in the Bible and it was just dealt with above) Based primarily on their reading of Romans 1:18-32 many Biblical scholars have concluded that they are against the kind of people who:
1. Refused to acknowledge and glorify God.
2. Began worshipping idols (images of created things, rather than the Creator).
3. Were more interested in earthly pursuits than spiritual pursuits.
4. Gave up their natural, i.e., innate, heterosexual passion for the opposite sex in an unbounded search for pleasure. In those days, everybody was thought to be heterosexual. The writers of the Bible had no concept of long term committed, monogamous, loving relationships between two men or two women. So sex between 2 men or 2 women was considered to be unnatural or an act of willfully "going against the self" in order to practice perversion. Unnatural here could mean either something that was contrary to:
a) the obvious reproductive purpose of the male and female sex organs
b) the customs of the time and place.
5. Lived lives full of covetousness, malice, envy, strife, slander, disrespect for parents, pride, and hatred of God. (1)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(1) Miner Jeff, John Tyler Connoley, “The Children are Free”, Indianapolis, Indiana, Jesus Metropolitan Community Church, 2002. Based on list on Page 14.
A Gay Teen Short Story ♂♂
Church is so confusing for Zack. His new pastor preaches nothing but hate and condemnation of gays and lesbians, but no matter how carefully he reads his Bible, he can’t find where it says God hates him. Will things change when Zach's boyfriend Billy suggests that they all go to his church instead? Click Here or on the icon to read the story.
Click for Page 7 -
Old Testament Teachings Regarding
The Leviticus and Deuteronomy Holiness Codes and Their Purposes
below to go to:
The Anti-Gay Religious Right's Really Cruel and Idiotic Argument
Their Message to a Gay Person is: Be alone. Live alone. Die alone.
Click for Homosexuality is neither a Choice nor a Sin - Table of contents
Click for Gary Lynn's Home Page